Editor: The CryptoText encryption library contains COM and .NET components for cross-platform Microsoft Windows text and file encryption on Pocket PC and Desktop, including components for dotNet, .NET CF, COM / ActiveX, PocketPC.
With CryptoText you can encrypt text on a Pocket PC using RC4 or 3DES, transfer the encrypted BinHex string up to a webserver and decrypt in ASP script, or encrypt a file in a .NET app and decrypt on a Pocket PC. There is complete interoperability Between the platforms listed below. (Note CryptoText now includes our formerly separate products CryptoTextCE, CryptoFile and CryptoFileCE, in addition to new .NET components CryptoTextNET and CryptoTextCF).
Includes full support for Unicode where platform support available (ie not Win9X) and ANSI (all platforms) on the following platforms / cpus:
* Desktop Operating Systems - Win9x, NT4, 2000, XP, XP Tablet PC, 2003 Server.
- The Microsoft.NET CryptoText library is built against the .NET CLR v1.0 and is contained in the Assembly CryptoTextNET.dll
- The COM/ActiveX CryptoText library is contained in a dll called CryptoText.dll
* Pocket PC / Windows CE Operating Systems - Windows CE, Pocket PC, Pocket PC 2002, Pocket PC 2003 Mobile
- The Microsoft.NET Compact Framework (CF) CryptoText library is built against the .NET CF CLR 1.0 and is contained in the assembly CryptoTextCF.dll
- COM/ActiveX CryptoText libraries for the following Windows CE Platform/Processor combinations are provided in separate builds all named CryptoTextCE.dll:
HPC 2000: ARM, MIPS, X86
Palm-size PC 2.11: MIPS, SH3, X86EM
Pocket PC: ARM, MIPS, SH3, X86EM
Pocket PC 2002: ARM, X86
(* Note: for Pocket PC 2003 use Pocket PC 2002 ARM build)